Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The One Where I FINALLY Get Stitches

People who follow me on Twitter and keep up with me on Facebook know that I've been recuperating from having gall bladder surgery. Fun right? Yeah... my belly button looks like it went thru a blender. Be jealous!


Of all the surgeries a person could have... gall bladder isn't the worst. It's certainly better than anything heart related... or of the transplant variety. They do it laparoscopically which means... they cut 4 little holes instead of one really big one. They stick a light and a camera in one hole (the belly button one... the reason why mine looks like it got hit with a pool cue repeatedly.) and the other instruments thru the other 3 that up under your rib cage on the right side. Don't worry, I'm not going to make you ill with pics. Just know that now I have cool scars that I will be rocking at the beach this summer and you probably don't... unless you also had this awesome surgery.

So, now I can say that I've had stitches. 12 of 'em. Yes. I am officially a bad ass.

That's right. I made it all the way through childhood without getting stitches. I've never broken a bone. I was a cautious kid... and I liked having my feet on the ground. What can I say? I'm boring like that.

So, I know that I already posted about how life was really busy (in a good way!) and that I haven't been posting as much lately because of that. But I missed posting for #SundayFunday last weekend and I figured that I ought to tell you why. I wasn't ditching you on purpose. I was just hopped up on pain medication and several hours into a gnarly movie marathon on the new TV that my husband bought in time for the Super Bowl. You might have been watching with me. I'm pretty sure you can see the screen from space.

You ought to be hearing/seeing more from me over the next few months. While I've been laid up a few very cool people invited me to guest post! That's always fun! I love making connections that way and I really dig introducing my readers to some cool people they might not have found on their own yet.

Know that I'm around... just loafing and waiting to get my super cool stitches out. And trying NOT to be attacked by those freakin' inflatable fish my brother sent the kids. I swear they have a magnet that sends them to my bedroom at night! I need a cage for the remote controlled sharks and clown fish!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow, you can be funny after the last few days! :> Actually, we rock the same scars, sister. Mine was when my oldest was four and a half months old...that was fun (actually, they felt so bad for my severely sleep deprived self that the nurses moved me into a private room! score! :>). Looking forward to seeing where on the interwebs you're guest posting and reading. Get better, friend! :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a super champ! I can't imagine this recovery if I actually to take care of someone else. I'm thankful that the RiceCakes are big enough for me to put them on "autopilot" for a few days.
      I'm getting better as quickly as I can! I hate down time like this!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering where you were Sunday too - sounds like you are recooperating just fine. I have not broken and bones and the only stitches were from my C-sections. I hope the laundry is getting done by the children while you rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lucked out. Dave did all the laundry before he left for Water Well Drilling school with the Air Force! This is the only way I'd get a week off from laundry!!!

      Delete
  3. Those fish are crazy! They look huge!! The kids must love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're huge!! They're currently taking up most of my office! I had to contain them somehow! The kids love them. I must get my brother back somehow. If only he had a kid....

      Delete
  4. Girl... you made it through all of your childhood AND having four children without ANY stitches?! That outta qualify you for some sorta statue award!!! Hella-impressive... I was DQ'd from that club while I still had a mouthful of baby teeth...

    Recover quick... & hang in there... wonder what would happen to remote controlled fish that are popped with a Nerf gun?! Hhhmmmmm......... on second thought, better wait until your stitches are out........ :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. No stitches. Crazy right? I even had reconstructive breast surgery and had no stitches cuz the surgeon used tape! It's nuts!
      And these fish are impossible to pop. A couple have already had the snot beat out of them by ceiling fans... still no poppage. I'd say they're freaks of nature but, there's nothing natural about them!

      Delete
  5. So glad you are healing. Now stop being lazy and using a lame excuse like surgery to avoid me... :-) Dude, how are those fish still going??? Looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never avoid you! Who else is gonna laugh at my stupid TPP jokes?! ;)

      And seriously, the fish will never die. They'll deflate a little and look harmless... and then attack you in your sleep!!

      Delete
  6. The fish are remarkable. I think we need one.

    The belly button scar never goes away, nor does the one higher up your middle. The two little ones do though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish are insane! They're a pain to put together though. I lucked out. My dad was here and he put them all together!
      And good to know about the scars... I'm getting more piratey every year!

      Delete
  7. You forgot to mention that your husband anxiously waited to find out that your surgery was successful...The WHOLE 20 minutes I had to wait. Joshua and I barely had time to eat a bag of trail mix. HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah... those 20 whole minutes of trail mix and angry birds... it must've been awful!!!

      Delete
  8. thinking of you!
    I had mine out and had to lay low and just relax.
    Don't rush it.. just be mellow. xo

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me neighbor... whatcha think?