Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Funday #12


Well, Thanksgiving weekend is wrapping up and it's time for #SundayFunday!

Our family has had a fabulous time together. The kids have been off school for 5 days in a row... which has been awesome! Dave's been off work for 4 days in a row, which NEVER happens! We hung out, watched some football (bummer than our Razorbacks lost to LSU! Rats!), snuggled up and watched a couple holiday movies, and the kids loved watching Punkin Chunkin' on the Discovery Channel. (That's this insanely ridiculous show that only comes on once a year about these crazy people in Delaware who build crazy catapults and see who can throw a pumpkin with it the furthest! Yes, it's nuts! But the kids love it because it's hosted by The Mythbusters and they LOVE those guys!)

My cousin Spencer came to celebrate Thanksgiving with us on Friday with a couple of his Navy buddies before they head off to their next schooling locations. It was really fun to hang out with him and laugh a bunch. The RiceCakes just LOVE him and so, they thought this holiday was extra special since he came over to visit with us.

This year, the food was outright amazing at our house. I'm not just saying that because I was the one doing the cooking either. All four kids, Dave, AND the Navy guys all thought so too. We had a turducken (that's a boneless turkey, stuffed with a boneless duck, stuffed with a boneless chicken) that was stuffed with crawfish etouffe instead of regular stuffing. It was the best one we've ever had. You better believe that I'll be going back to the Cajun Meat Market for another one at Christmas! We also had homemade macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes with gravy. Abi made our green bean casserole. Dave told her it was the best he's ever had so, she was feeling pretty awesome about that! I also made the Milk Chocolate Pecan Pie I wrote about earlier in the month and Pumpkin Pie. Jack was pretty stoked... he's the kid that loves pie! The kids were all excited because I got a couple bottles of sparkling grape juice for them. I have some wine glasses that were my Grampa John's and I let the kids drink out of them for special occasions so, they were feeling especially fancy this Thanksgiving! Dave found a new moscato that we really love... and we used it to make mimosas! YUM! And when the Navy guys came over, I had a batch of Grammy World Famous Bourbon Slushies!

I know that not everyone was celebrating a holiday this weekend but, I hope that you had some sweet time with your family just the same! Before we get back into the swing of things this week, let's link up and hang out for a few!

You remember how this works right?

1. Link up your post!
2. Grab the button from the sidebar!
3. Turn OFF your captcha! (It makes me all stabby!)
4. Tweet your link and use the #SundayFunday hashtag! (The more links we get... the more fun we have!)
5. Come back and visit all the other posts and comment away!!!

Happy #SundayFunday!


7 comments:

  1. It was soooo yummy! And we've still got leftovers! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find some of that turdunken

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was interesting but good. We were going over to a friends house. HE was doing half of the cooking and I was doing the other half.It ended up our he had a bit of an accident the night before. He fell out of a tree and broke his ankle. So instead I ended up doing the whole meal and also taught his wife how to cook. It was a good day though. Very good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your Thanksgiving was delish and full of family fun! We enjoyed topping ours with Punkin' Chunkin' too and you're right, it was awesome this year!!! My best friend came up the day after Thanksgiving for the weekend and we both tried your Grammy's Bourbon Slushies and we both really like them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of turdunken...wtf?? I need to Google this! We had a very tasty Thanksgiving as well (my hubby and dad cooked). Still munchin' on leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Karen... I'm so glad that you liked those bourbon slushies! They're pretty good right now but, honestly there's nothing better in the summertime IMO. All orangey and bourbony... I love 'em!

    @Jennifer... I can't believe you've never heard of turducken! I totally get not ever EATING one because they're a Cajun thing and most of the country isn't as into Cajun food as we are down here. But never even HEARD of it!? My mind is blown! ha ha!
    I'm so glad you had a good holiday as well! Love those leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me neighbor... whatcha think?