Of course not!
So here ya go! 22 Things Random Things...
1. I took French for 7 years. I tested out of 4 semesters of foreign language in college but, I took it for another 3 years anyway. I had enough credits to minor in French.
2. I turned down a full ride to Loyola University in New Orleans AFTER I auditioned for their Theater Dept and won another scholarship to would've covered all my books. At the time, I was so stressed out by school and life that I was literally losing my mind.
3. I was holding my favorite Grampa's hand when he died after being in a coma for 9 days. I was 18 at the time and it remains one of the most remarkable moments of my life. I still miss him terribly.
4. I eloped in Las Vegas with the love of my life when I was 20 years old. Only one of my friends was in attendance. (I love you Megan.) People think that Dave talked me into eloping, but he didn't. I am NOT a big white dress kind of girl. And Dave HATES being in front of large groups of people. We both hate to spend money. Vegas was perfect in my book... and I'd do it again.
5. I have lived in 17 different houses, in 6 different states. I'm a great packer but, I hate to do it.
6. I ran on my high school's cross country team and really sucked. I ran on my track team and had ONE good race. I loved to run but, I hated racing. "Oh you want to pass me? Here I'll move over and slow down so you can. I'm not in a hurry." I'm pretty sure people thought I was an idiot. I only started enjoying track & field when they started letting me throw things. I have won trophies throwing shot put and discus but, more importantly, I'm still friends with the girls I threw with. Those are some amazing ladies!
7. I lost someone I loved to suicide and recovering from that event was one of the most difficult journeys I've ever taken.
8. I buy stocking stuffers at Christmas in my Grampa's old shirt. It sounds silly but, he always filled our stockings with the most random stuff when we were together at Christmas. So, now... when I go buy stuff to fill my kids' stockings, I wear that shirt to remind me of him. I hate that he didn't get to meet Dave or my kids but, I like to think that he's laughing when they dig thru their stockings on Christmas morning.
9. I bought the coolest pair of shoes I own at Target, in the Garden section. They were on clearance for $3.
|Seriously... I love these shoes!|
10. I once went sailing, with an older kid, in a Sunfish (a 2 man sailboat) when I was 6 years and it tipped over. I had on a life jacket but, a HUGE fish (that I couldn't see, even though I was only 43.5 feet tall, because the water was murky) swam under me and ran its dorsal fin all along the bottom of my feet. I lost it. To this day, I will not swim in water when I can't see the bottom. I don't care how illogical that sounds.
11. My family owns a winery in Arkansas and the vineyards are one of the most beautiful places on earth. It's over 100 years old and my Grampa and his siblings were born there. Lots of family members have been married there. It's awesome to have a tangible place so full of family history.
12. I owned my first car when I was pregnant with my first son, at age 21. Dave and I bought our first house about a month later.
13. When I was 10, I was one of the fastest freestyle swimmers in Los Angeles County. I got invited to a competition at the 1984 Olympic Pool in 1990. That's the largest venue I've ever competed in ANYTHING in... the crowd was mind-blowing. My Dad took me to the event and it was one of the best days I've ever spent with him.
|This is my claim to fame. |
Well this AND the fact that I'm only 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon.
14. I've been so depressed that I attempted suicide. At some point, I'll tell you the whole story but, for now, just know that it's an absolute miracle that I'm alive. Since then, I've regarded time as a gift. I try to use it wisely. It's possible to be on the edge of insanity and find your way back. There, but for the grace of God, go I.
15. I love it when my kids have days off from school. I miss hearing them laugh when they're away for the day. Sometimes, I get more done when they're occupied and out of the house but, I prefer to have them hanging around. They're the funniest people I know and they make my heart happy.
|I did NOT make them post like this. |
They're such little goofballs that they did it themselves!
17. I think artichokes are the best pizza topping ever. I like to order it so I don't have to share with the non-artichoke lovers in my family.
18. I took a year off, after high school, and got a full time job working at a pharmaceutical lab. It was the best year of my life (up to that point) right after the worst year of my life. My friend Chris did my heart the most good by cracking me up daily at work... usually by doing an impression of the Backstreet Boys' stupid chair dance. Never believe anyone that says nerdy scientists don't have a sense of humor.
19. My first tax-paying/ get an actual paycheck (IE. not babysitting) job was teaching art at my school's summer day camp... I was 11. I loved it.
20. My first serious job was working at a florist. I loved the women that I worked with so much. My neighbor Rhonda, got me the job (she worked there too) after my junior year in high school. Last year, she lost her battle with breast cancer after a long LONG fight. I was devastated.
21. Dave proposed to me in a place where I'd bargained with God about marriage as a kid. As in, "God I'll know this is the person you want me to marry, if they ask me to marry them RIGHT HERE." I'd completely forgot about our deal... until he showed me the ring. Then I cried... not because Dave loved me, but because God did. He remembered the prayer of a 10 year old.
22. My brothers are two of my most favorite people because they're both hysterically funny, but I learned not to cross Danny because he'll lock you out of the house... naked. He's a badass like that.